Monday, October 4, 2010

daybook ::31::



for today :: October 4, 2010

outside my window. . .   cloudy (made for wonderful walking weather this morning). . . & we might get some rain.

I am thinking. . . that this is going to be a very busy month! Four birthdays, Quilt Market preparations, & a few other milestones.

from the kitchen. . . coffee. . . so far. Just got back from traveling. . . & so a trip to the market is definitely a must!

I am wearing. . .  my walking clothes. . .  (it takes me a bit to change. . . I'm starting a bit slow today. . .)

I am creating. . .  computer-y stuff today . . . patterns & an annual report for an organization I do some graphic design work for.

I am remembering. . .  how much I love autumn.

I am reading. . .  'A Daughter's Dream' - by Beverly Lewis. . . (A sequel to 'A Mother's Hope'

I am hoping . . .  that I will get all the things/designs that I have in my head - done before Market. (still hoping that!)

I am hearing. . .  wind in the trees. . . don't think I would ever tire of that sound. . .

around the house. . .  My suitcase ready to be put away (for a couple of weeks), a stack of dyed wool waiting to be cut & made into bundles for Sample Spree, & I'm thinking that I can officially put out the fall decorations.

I am going. . .  to run errands & then get myself back into the studio. . . much to do!!!

one of my favorite things. . .  walks on a carpet of fall leaves.

a few plans for the rest of the week. . . finish up pattern writing, get things ready for shipping to Market, stitching, stitching & more stitching!

from my picture journal . . .


Oh my last day on my visit to my brothers in Minnesota, we (my brother & his wife & two daughters, & me) started the day with warm yummies at Starbucks & then we went to a nature preserve near their home & walked a couple of the trails. It was the perfect way to end my autumn visit. . . (which will now become an annual event!). Thankfully, my sister-in-law, Jodi, had here phone with her & took this photo. It is now my screen saver, & a reminder of a wonderful visit. . . . Oh my, do I ever love autumn!

  Bren

5 comments:

paulette said...

Wow!! Gorgeous Fall picture...had to look and see where you live! Our leaves are just started to change colours so everything is still quite green. I love it when everything is orange and golden!!
Take care!
Paulette

pdudgeon said...

We are finally starting to get a bit cool at night here. no colors of Fall yet, but it feels so good not to melt when i go outside!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Isn't autumn here in Minnesota amazing? Glad you decided to make it an annual tradition.

The Village Queen said...

That made me homesick for Minnesota! Spent many years there and loved the big nature preserve in Eden Prairie. Fall in CO just doesnt compaire. Thanks for sharing!

The Village Queen said...

That makes me homesick for Minnesota, loved the nature preserve in Eden Prairie, spent many years living in Minnetonka. Fall in CO just doesnt compare. Thanks for shareing.