Wednesday, September 1, 2010

daybook ::29::



for today :: September 1, 2010

outside my window. . .   sunny, warm . . . typical end of summer weather. . . summer tries to hang on for as long as possible, it seems.

I am thinking. . . of the rest of the designs that I want to complete before market. . . so many things on my list! . . . The rest will have to wait until after Market

from the kitchen. . . cookies. . . lots of cookies! The firemen from our local fire department came out yesterday to replace all the batteries in the smoke detectors (one of the ones up high - about 14 feet - started 'chirping'). . . & I always like to make them cookies to say thanks. This time it's peanut butter cookies & chocolate chippers!

I am wearing. . .  the summer 'uniform'. . . shorts & t-shirt. . . no shoes.

I am creating. . .  an applique border for a new quilt, & some new wool & stitchery little projects perfect for the sewing room. . . .

I am remembering. . .  how much I love to stitch. . .

I am reading. . .  'The Postcard' - by Beverly Lewis. . . & I'm re-reading 'The Mark of the Lion' series by Francine Rivers. . . (a friend is also reading them & so I'm keeping up with all the details. . . I love these books!)

I am hoping . . .  that the temperatures cool off  a bit more in the mornings so our morning walks won't be so hot!

I am hearing. . .  the air conditioning. . . just kicked on.

around the house. . .  I'm trying to rotate of 'fall-ish' quilts in. . . in the hopes for autumn!

I am going. . .  to try & be a better blogger this week. . .

one of my favorite things. . .  watching little birdies in the bird-bath. . . so funny!

a few plans for the rest of the week. . . finishing the border (applique) for this current quilt, & then get the backing for it & two other quilts done & get all three quilts to the precious hands of Nubin, my quilter!

from my picture journal . . .

Girl Sewing in an Interior  -  Carl Holsoe

. . . this depicts my days lately. . . (no complaining!!)  ;o)

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Bren

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Loved reading your daybook...
Enjoy this day, Bren,
Dawn xo